Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Updates January 10-14

Good afternoon, everyone! I'm so sorry that I had a blonde moment and forgot to update the blog for today! Believe me, I heard about it from my little bugs today. I just let them know that this proves that EVERYONE makes mistakes!

Tomorrow is early dismissal, so if your child is a car-rider, please don't forget to pick them up at 1:45! Also, I will not be here on Friday, so the students will have a guest teacher. It is so difficult for me to leave them in the hands of someone else, but sometimes it is unavoidable! The greatest thing is that I never have to worry whether or not they are behaving because they are the BEST class at Bartram Springs Elementary.

This week we are reviewing contractions and working on spelling long i words. Have your child explain to you what that "bossy e" does to the vowel in the words on the spelling list. Please continue to work with your child on the spelling words every night. The hope is that not only will he/she learn how to spell new words, but it will transfer over into their reading and writing.

In writing, we are working on functional writing. This is also called "how to" writing. The students are writing the steps of how to do something that they are an expert at.

Have a wonderful week and stay BuGgY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or a question for Mrs. Muller's class. All comments are reviewed before posting.