Monday, January 31, 2011

Good morning!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! We couldn't have asked for any better weather. I hope everyone enjoyed it because it looks like we are in for a sloppy week! Report cards will go home tomorrow, February 1st. Please remember to sign the slip at the bottom and return it WITH the yellow envelope. We do all that we can to recycle those envelopes! This week, we are continuing in math with strategies for addition. When looking over one of the lessons from last week, I noticed that many of the students struggled with it, so I will be re-teaching it today. The Weekly Skills Test and the Selection Test from last week will go home today. Please go over it with your child and make sure to sign and return it to me so that I can have a record of it. There were some careless mistakes on a few of the tests, so please also talk to your child about taking his/her time and doing the best that they can!

We will celebrate the 100th day of school on Thursday of this week. Please remember to send in your assigned item for our celebration by tomorrow (February 1st).

I must go to a workshop tomorrow (Tuesday) so I will not be in class. The guest teacher will be Mrs. "A" who they have had before. She is very good with the students, so I know they will do just fine! The secret word for this week is initiative. That is our school character trait for the month of January. The winner of the Character Counts award for January was Sydney Campbell. Congratulations, Sydney!

Until next time, StAy BuGgY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or a question for Mrs. Muller's class. All comments are reviewed before posting.